iMovie is a popular video editing app that comes pre-installed on iPhones. However, one common issue that users face while using iMovie is that it crops their videos. This can be frustrating, especially if you want to keep the original aspect ratio of your video. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to stop iMovie from cropping your videos on your iPhone. In this article, we will guide you through the process of preventing iMovie from cropping your videos and help you preserve the original aspect ratio of your footage.
What steps can be taken to prevent iMovie from cropping videos on an iPhone?
1. Open the iMovie app on your iPhone.
2. Select the project that you want to edit.
3. Tap on the video clip that is being cropped.
4. Tap on the crop icon located at the bottom of the screen.
5. Adjust the crop by dragging the corners of the frame to the desired position.
6. If you want to remove the crop completely, tap on the “Fit” option located at the bottom of the screen.
7. Once you have adjusted the crop to your liking, tap on the “Done” button located at the top left corner of the screen.
8. Save your changes by tapping on the “Done” button located at the top right corner of the screen.
9. If you want to preview your changes, tap on the “Play” button located at the bottom of the screen.
10. If you are satisfied with your changes, export your video by tapping on the “Share” button located at the bottom of the screen and selecting the desired export option.
If you’re an iPhone user who loves to create videos using iMovie, you may have noticed that sometimes your videos get cropped automatically. This can be frustrating, especially if you’ve spent a lot of time and effort creating your masterpiece. But don’t worry, there’s a simple solution to this problem! By adjusting the aspect ratio of your video, you can prevent iMovie from cropping it. All you need to do is go to the “Settings” menu in iMovie, select “Aspect Ratio,” and choose the option that matches the aspect ratio of your video. With this simple tweak, you can ensure that your videos are displayed in their full glory, without any annoying cropping. So go ahead and give it a try – you’ll be amazed at how much better your videos look!
Learn more with other iMovie Tutorials.