In today’s world, vertical videos have become increasingly popular due to the rise of social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok. However, creating vertical videos can be a challenge, especially if you’re using a video editing software like iMovie, which is primarily designed for horizontal videos. But don’t worry, in this article, we’ll guide you through the steps on how to make iMovie vertical, so you can create stunning vertical videos that are perfect for sharing on social media.
What is the process for making iMovie vertical?
1. Open iMovie on your computer.
2. Click on “File” in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Select “New Project” from the drop-down menu.
4. Choose the aspect ratio you want for your video by clicking on the “Aspect Ratio” dropdown menu.
5. Select “Vertical” from the list of options.
6. Name your project and click “Create.”
7. Import your video footage by clicking on the “Import Media” button in the top left corner of the screen.
8. Drag and drop your video clips into the timeline at the bottom of the screen.
9. Click on the “Crop” button in the top right corner of the screen.
10. Select “Fit” from the dropdown menu.
11. Click on the “Rotate” button next to the “Crop” button.
12. Select “90 degrees” from the dropdown menu.
13. Your video should now be vertical.
14. Preview your video by clicking on the “Play” button in the preview window.
15. Make any necessary edits or adjustments to your video.
16. Export your video by clicking on “File” in the top left corner of the screen.
17. Select “Share” from the dropdown menu.
18. Choose the format and quality you want for your video.
19. Click “Next” and follow the prompts to export your video.
Making iMovie videos vertical is a great way to create content that is optimized for mobile viewing. With a few simple steps, you can easily adjust the orientation of your video to fit the vertical format. This allows your viewers to enjoy your content without having to rotate their device, making for a more seamless and enjoyable viewing experience. Whether you’re creating social media content or simply want to experiment with a new format, making iMovie videos vertical is a fun and easy way to add some variety to your video content.
Learn more with other iMovie Tutorials.