iMovie is a popular video editing app that comes pre-installed on iPhones. However, one common issue that users face while using iMovie is that it tends to crop videos, which can be frustrating, especially if you want to keep the entire video intact. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to prevent iMovie from cropping your videos on your iPhone. In this article, we will guide you through the process of keeping iMovie from cropping your videos, so you can edit your videos without losing any important details.
What can be done to prevent iMovie from cropping videos on an iPhone?
1. Open the iMovie app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the “Create Project” button to start a new project.
3. Select the video clip that you want to edit from your camera roll and add it to the project timeline.
4. Tap on the video clip to select it and then tap on the “Crop” button in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
5. In the crop menu, make sure that the “Fit” option is selected instead of “Ken Burns”.
6. Adjust the crop box by dragging the corners to fit the entire video frame within the box.
7. Tap on the “Done” button to save the changes and exit the crop menu.
8. Preview the video clip to make sure that it is no longer cropped and that the entire frame is visible.
9. Repeat the process for any other video clips that are being used in the project.
10. Once all of the video clips have been adjusted, continue editing the project as desired.
Keeping your videos intact and un-cropped is essential to preserving the integrity of your footage. Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to prevent iMovie from cropping your videos on your iPhone. By adjusting your settings and ensuring that your video is properly formatted, you can ensure that your videos are displayed exactly as you intended. With these tips, you can create stunning videos that showcase your creativity and vision without any unwanted cropping or distortion. So go ahead and capture those special moments with confidence, knowing that your videos will look just as you intended them to.
Learn more with other iMovie Tutorials.