If you’re an avid iMovie user, you know how important it is to keep your library organized and easily accessible. However, as your library grows, you may find that it takes up too much space on your computer’s hard drive. In this case, it’s a good idea to move your iMovie library to an external hard drive or another location on your computer. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to move your iMovie library, so you can free up space on your computer and keep your projects organized.
What is the process for moving an iMovie library to a new location?
1. Open iMovie on your Mac computer.
2. Click on the “File” menu in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Select “Open Library” from the drop-down menu.
4. Choose the library you want to move from the list of available libraries.
5. Click on the “File” menu again and select “Close Library” to close the library.
6. Quit iMovie by clicking on the “iMovie” menu in the top left corner of the screen and selecting “Quit iMovie.”
7. Open a new Finder window by clicking on the Finder icon in the Dock or by pressing Command + N.
8. Navigate to the location where your iMovie library is currently stored. This is typically in the “Movies” folder in your home directory.
9. Click on the iMovie library file to select it.
10. Click on the “Edit” menu in the top left corner of the screen and select “Copy” from the drop-down menu.
11. Navigate to the location where you want to move the iMovie library to. This can be an external hard drive or a different folder on your computer.
12. Click on the “Edit” menu again and select “Paste” from the drop-down menu.
13. Wait for the iMovie library file to finish copying to the new location.
14. Open iMovie again.
15. Click on the “File” menu and select “Open Library.”
16. Navigate to the new location where you moved the iMovie library to.
17. Select the iMovie library file and click “Open.”
18. Your iMovie library is now successfully moved to the new location.
Moving your iMovie library is a breeze! With just a few simple steps, you can easily transfer all of your precious video files to a new location. Whether you’re upgrading your computer or simply need to free up some space, moving your iMovie library is a great way to keep your projects organized and accessible. Plus, with the ability to easily share your videos with friends and family, you’ll never have to worry about losing your favorite memories. So why wait? Start moving your iMovie library today and enjoy all the benefits of having your videos at your fingertips!
Learn more with other iMovie Tutorials.